Friday, May 6, 2011

Beautiful Day, Beautiful Creek

For weeks now I've wanted to remember to grab my camera on my way out the door for a walk, and today was the day. We live near the east branch of the Brandywine Creek, a beautiful and historic waterway that winds through our County and into the state of Delaware. It is worth an overview whether or not you are local. There are miles of paved trails along it, passing ruins of old mills and foundations of homesteads, and more miles of deer trails that fishermen use to reach the water. We enjoy the creek, and the trails, all year but spring brings that fantastic shade of green that only lasts a few weeks. I missed capturing the earliest - near neon - shades, but am happy with the pictures I took today.








4 comments:

Alex said...

We could totally pass Rusty off as a bear cub

Pat - Arkansas said...

A beautiful Spring walk. I love your Rusty; reminds me of my sweet Alexandra that died several years ago. Sweet dog!

Anna said...

He's such a nice dog. Did your Alexandra also remind you of a bear cub?

Anna said...

(Ahem...Blogger had a few hiccups and ate my comment.)

I love Rusty, and he does remind me of a bear cub. :)