Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cute Aprons!

I made these two aprons and matching headbands as a special order for two young women. I love the fabrics and hope they last for years in their kitchens! I am so grateful for my daughter who rarely refuses my request for a model, even after a long day.

Michael Miller. Double pocket with contrast trim, purchased bias.
Really bad lighting but you get the idea. Super cute headband.

Love this fabric but I can't remember the designer. No pocket because the center motif was so pretty, handmade bias to match, and a selvedge hem.
I love these headbands.
I made this apron pattern around 15 years ago, and I've lost count of how many I've made. Last month I also made a trio of them in a beautiful red and green plaid Kona broadcloth for myself, my daughter-in-law, and her mother. They were lovely, but I would like a break from bias tape and ties!

2 comments:

DIL1 said...

Love these!

Melissa Plank said...

Your aprons are darling, headband too! (I also am devoted to moleskine notebooks) Happy New Year!