These are some of the planks that we "shuffled" from all the boxes so their shadings would be mixed up. They are made from bamboo, which is supposed to be more environmentally friendly, so we thought we'd try it. It's a walnut stain, so it was hard to photograph well but here goes....This is what it looked like going in. That's a plastic underlay on the floor. (The painter's tape is keeping the cords out of our way and holding the spacers in place along the perimeter of the floor.) We made a three-row pattern repeat, and DH kept cutting the planks while DS2 and I did the snapping together. It went very quickly.
Here it is nearly finished:
And TA DA!
DH put in a ceiling fan too, and the room is nearly finished! He's is in the middle of repainting/replacing the baseboards and we'll be good to go.