At any rate, yesterday I started a project that has had vast, domino-like consequences. I decided to go around the house and gather up all my yarn into one big pile, sort it, organize it, and put it away in the bedroom we use for such things. Since my oldest son is in grad school in Virginia along with his fiancée, his room is in use a few months of the year and has become the place to put coats, yarn, files, projects, spare bedding, and other things that are tough to relocate when the poor kid does come home and wants his room for a few weeks!
The goals of this project, and I am still in the middle of it, are:
- Get a grip on what I have for yarn and organize it.
- Give my daughter half of the closet in her brother's room.
- Box up the papers and items DS1 left in the desk and shelves and put them away so we can use the desk.
- Reorganize our files and records.
- Bonus job: Find every last cd in this house, toss any remaining jewel cases, and find some way to store them in the cabinet that was previously occupied by the files and records that are being moved upstairs.
Okay, here's what you came for, pictures of yarn. Because first one has to find all the yarn in its hiding places...and I missed a few until today.
Until tomorrow, here is a preview what my kitchen table looked like: