Good morning. Cold and windy as you can see, and going to get windier. A good day to get some things done, so I'm making a list.
- The hand-sewing portion of a few gifts I am working on
- Clean the hall and laundry room closets
- Sew a new racquetball shirt for DH
- Spend about an hour working on something for school
- Potato soup for dinner? I think I need leeks.
- More handmade Christmas presents to begin
We went out to eat last night in two cars, because I had planned to go to a friend's afterward. I didn't go because the roads were icy with snow and she lives even further out on back roads than we do. I had DS2 drive my car so he could have some experience with driving in the snow/dark/ice, and it turned out to be a good night for it! In that round trip he:
- Avoided hitting DH in the other car, who did a donut right in front of us to avoid hitting the car in front of him.
- Got the hell out of the way of the spinning car behind us who nearly hit DH and wound up taking out a support cable to a telephone/power pole.
- Learned to keep a good long following distance when it's icy.
- Had to detour on some long dark back roads because of an accident that closed 322.
- Had to pass a horse and buggy in the dark, in the snow, on a slippery narrow road. ("Honey, please don't slide into the horse, please don't slide into the horse.")
- Learned that high beams are not a good choice in the snow, that if you are going slow enough around a bend a little fish-tailing can be kind of fun, and it's wise to choose to cut through a neighborhood to avoid a big downhill.
My morning coffee time is over, I'm going to do some yoga while the house is still quiet.